What is Kundalini?
Kundalini is the power of the Divine located in each and every individual soul who incarnates into the physical. Each of us possesses this Divine power within us, though most of us go through our lives without ever tapping into the limitlessness of our own Divinity. Through our own Kundalini energy, we can experience pure Love, greater Knowledge, and increased intuition and connection to the universe.
Kundalini energy remains dormant for the most part. Lying in wait until it is unleashed by a trigger or specific stimulus. As I said earlier, not everyone will experience a release and rise of their Kundalini energy, but those who do are destined to do so in order to achieve a spiritual consciousness unique to their own spiritual journey. The Soul chooses a specific event, time, place, emotional state, etc. When the exact moment occurs and Kundalini begins to rise, the individual cannot ever return to their previous state.
The release of Kundalini energy can be triggered by meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, Reiki, healing and other spiritual exercises. When the Kundalini energy rises through the chakras, it can cause major change which can be problematic.
A Kundalini awakening is the rise of the Kundalini energy up through the seven major chakras starting with the root chakra. This “awakening” may happen spontaneously to some while others may work years to unlock the power of their own Divinity on their own. If you have begun to explore your own Spirituality, then you need to be aware of Kundalini energy and the effects of it.
Spontaneous awakening of Kundalini can be caused by many things. Near death experiences, traumatic experiences, pain, deep sorrow, healing, intensive meditation and physical or mental illness can all bring about a Kundalini awakening.
Though the Kundalini awakening is considered a great prize by many seeking spiritual enlightenment, the process of Kundalini rising can cause many problems and setbacks for the individual. When the dormant or potential aspect of the Kundalini arises, it means the transformation of individual consciousness into fully expanded Consciousness of the Divine. That process of transformation and purification is marked by both ecstasy and sublime experiences of the Divine, as well as by “dark nights” of the soul. Kundalini awakening can create experiences that mimic psychiatric and somatic disorders such as schizophrenia, manic depression, and psychosis. Whether you are purposeful in awakening your Kundalini energy or not, the experience will change your life.
Typical Symptoms of a Kundalini Awakening
- Burning hot or ice cold energy/sensations moving up the spine.
- A feeling of air bubbles or snake movement up through the body.
- Pains in varying locations throughout the body.
- Tingling in the genital area, spine, or head.
- Stiffness in the neck.
- Pressure within the head (can be described as dull pain or heavy sensation).
- Intense energy in legs and other parts of the body.
- Fast pulse and increased metabolism.
- Sensitivity to sound, light, smell, and people.
- Orgasm sensations in different places in the body, or total body orgasms.
- Mystical/religious experiences, revelations, and/or spiritual revelations.
- Increase in psychic abilities.
- Problems finding emotional balance (depression, mood swings, confusion, mania).
- Anxiety or anxiety attacks, due to lack of understanding of what is going on.
- Insomnia or sleeplessness.
- Loss of concentration and memory.
- Purposeful isolation because of confusion and lack of understanding.
If you feel you are ready to initiate a Kundalini awakening for yourself, then there is a simple process you can follow. Before you decide to start this process, however, please remember that awakening your Kundalini energy will change you and you will never be able to return to the state you were in prior to the experience. A Kundalini awakening will bring out all your long hidden issues from this life and from previous lives, it will awaken your Divine nature which may include the onset of psychic abilities you have yet to know of, it will be confusing and most likely lead you through a transformational process which many call “the dark night of the soul”. Consider where you are in life, where you wish to be in life in your future, and whether you feel a “call” from inside you that says, “Yes I am ready”. For those of you unsure as to whether you are ready, I recommend consulting someone who has been through a Kundalini awakening. Discuss their experience and research all you can on the subject before making a decision.
When I say that initiating a Kundalini awakening within yourself is simple, I mean it. All you have to do is follow some simple steps:
- While in a meditative state, let it be known to your guides and to the universe your intention. State that you wish to awaken the Divine within yourself.
- Focus on your root chakra and imagine it flowing in a clockwise direction.
- Continue to state your intention. As you do so, increase the rotational frequency of your root chakra slowly until it is speeding too fast for you to follow it any longer.
- Firmly state your intention once more and end your meditation.
Once you have done this, you should not have to ask again. Meditating regularly and practicing spiritual exercises that increase concentration and help you explore your own spirituality will help the process. A Kundalini awakening is a process that can last years. Make sure that you have a good support system while you are going through the process. You will need the compassion and understanding of close friends and family to help you through the most intense parts of your transformation.
Go through the first technique step-by-step until you drift off into sleep. Do not be concerned if you do not instantly project. It took me over a month of doing these exercises before I finally consciously astral projected.